Dear St. Luke’s Parishioners,
Would you be interested in being a friendship family for an international student at Grand Valley? Friendship families welcome international students by making them feel at home here in the US and helping them to adjust to life here.
Ways that you can help include:
- Inviting the student to have dinner with you from time to time
- Sharing American holidays like Thanksgiving with the student
- Taking them to fun, cultural, or sporting events in the area
- Helping them to study to get their driver’s license
- Practicing speaking English with them if they are from a non-English-speaking country
- Take them to the grocery store or run other errands from time to time
- Get to know and become a friend to the student!
The extent of your involvement would be completely up to you and the student. This is a purely voluntary program. It is not intended to provide financial assistance to the student, just kindness and friendship.
We are hoping to match families and students beginning at our parish picnic on September 15.
If you are interested, please notify Kim Thomas at the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 895-2247.
God bless you!