- Inviting the student to have dinner with you from time to time
- Sharing American holidays like Thanksgiving with the student
- Taking them to fun, cultural, or sporting events in the area
- Helping them to study to get their driver’s license
- Practicing speaking English with them if they are from a non-English-speaking country
- Take them to the grocery store or run other errands from time to time
- Get to know and become a friend to the student!
We would like to invite all Parishioners to a Family Picnic here at St. Luke
Sunday, September 15, Noon – 4 pm
We are having a Cookout with Games, Prizes, Drinks & Fun.
We hope to see everyone there!
Dear friends in Christ,
Over the last few months, we have talked about getting an entrance canopy for our church and have had several dinners to raise money for it. I just want to give you an update on the progress and perhaps answer some questions you may have:
- Why are we getting a canopy? An entrance canopy was a part of the original design of the church, but was nixed to cut costs. However, numerous parishioners have expressed to me that there remains a real need for one, to protect Mass-goers from the elements when they enter the church, to reduce the amount of snow and ice that have to be cleared between the drive and the door, and to eliminate periodic flooding on the inside of the main door.
- How much will it cost? We are still in the process of seeking bids; our diocese requires that we obtain three. A very rough estimate would be approximately $100,000.
- What will it look like? It will match the roof of the church in terms of style and pitch. It will require a total of six pillars to accommodate the length. It will not look like the rendering in the poster in the vestibule; that design is just to give people a visual idea for promotional purposes.
- How big will it be? The canopy will extend from the main doors of the church across the drive in front of the church, to the island.
- How much have we raised so far? To date we have raised about $49,270, which hopefully puts us about halfway to our goal.
As soon as we have more information, including an actual design and quote, I will give you an update.
Thank you again to all of you for your generosity to our parish community.