This election, you will see an extreme amendment on your ballot. The “Reproductive Freedom for All, PROPOSAL 3” amendment seeks to do much more than enshrine the right to abortion in our State Constitution. Governor Whitmer has repeatedly said, both she and her allies will, quote, “fight like hell” to ensure abortion is legal in Michigan.
The Diocese of Lansing is inviting Catholics across the state to join them in a novena beginning on the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows, Sept. 15. This will be 54-days of prayer, fasting and almsgiving, concluding on election day. You can sign up for a daily text providing information and inspiration across each of the 54 days by texting ‘FightLikeHeaven’ to 84576.
More Information is available on the diocesan website
The PROPOSAL 3 amendment will be on our ballots this fall. It seeks the approval of the people of this state to amend the State Constitution to include a so-called “right to abortion,” but it is much more extreme than that.
- Allow abortion up until birth
- Allow minors to pursue abortions and sterilization without parental notification or consent
- Exempt abortion facilities from safety regulation
- Allow anyone to perform an abortion, even if they don’t have a medical license
- Repeal or drastically alter dozens of state laws