Children under age 7:
- Parents must attend baptism class at least one month prior to baptism date (godparents are highly encouraged to attend as well). Baptisms are usually celebrated on the 2nd weekend of each month at any of the Masses. Please contact John Graveline for more information.
Children ages 7 – 17:
- Children and adolescents attend inquiry sessions suited to their needs (this may include participation in regular Faith Formation sessions), followed by a Rite of Acceptance/Welcome at the appropriate time. Next follows a period of family catechumenate formation (during which weekly Mass attendance is expected), which culminates in the Rite of Election and a period of Purification and Enlightenment (usually coinciding with Lent). After receiving the Sacraments of Initiation, there is a brief period called Mystagogy during which the newly baptized reflect on the experiences of the Sacraments and discusses the meaning of ongoing discipleship. Please expect this process to take at least 10-12 months.
- Baptism, Confirmation, and First Communion take place at the same time.
- The usual time for Baptism/Confirmation/First Communion is at the Easter Vigil Mass.
- Please contact John Graveline for more information.
Adults – 18 and over: Please see the page on the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults