- The Prayer, Christ Our Morning Star (by Bede the Venerable.): Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, August 04, 2021
O Christ, our Morning Star, Splendour of Light Eternal, shining with the glory of the rainbow, come and waken us from the greyness of our apathy, and renew in us your gift of hope. Amen.
- Prayer To Overcome Bitterness and Resentment: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, August 03, 2021
Father, I acknowledge that I've held resentment and bitterness against (name). I confess this as sin and ask You to forgive me. I forgive (name). Remind me, Lord, to not hold any more resentments, but rather to love this person. Father, I ask You to also forgive (name) . Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. In Jesus' Holy Name, Amen.
- Prayer of Thanks for People: Prayer of the Day for Monday, August 02, 2021
God of Love, I thank You for the people in my life who are easy to love. I thank You for my family and friends who understand my actions, who support me in my decisions, and whose presence can lift the burden of a thorny day. Help me with those who are difficult to love. When they come at me with criticism and wild expectations, when they ignore me or try to bend me to their will, let me recognize their flaws and their dangers. But then let me remember ...
- For Motherhood: Prayer of the Day for Sunday, August 01, 2021
Good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before the throne of God, wonder-worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your aid. You know that my husband and I desire the gift of a child. Please present our fervent plea to the Creator of life from whom all parenthood proceeds and beseech him to bless us with a child whom we may raise as his child and heir of heaven. Amen.
- Prayer of St. Ignatius Loyola: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, July 31, 2021
Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous; teach me to serve You as You deserve; to give and not to count the cost, to fight and not to heed the wounds, to toil and not to seek for rest, to labour and not to ask for reward save that of knowing I am doing Your Will.