St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Parish is hosting a series of events honoring and reflecting on Mary, Our Lady of Fatima. This very unique community faith event is open to all members of
the community, October 3-8. Sr. Angela de Fátima Coelho, M.D., is the individual called by Pope Benedict XVI to become Postulator for the Cause of Canonization of the two youngest children (St. Jacinta and St. Francisco) who encountered our Blessed Mother in Fatima. Sister is the Catholic Church’s first female postulator in church history. She successfully led the process to canonize Jacinta, Francisco, and is now serving, at Pope Francis’ request, as vice-postulator for the cause of canonization of Sister Lucia.
Sr. Angela de Fátima Coelho is a medical doctor and a faculty member at the University of Porto. In 1995, she joined the Religious Congregation of The Alliance of Holy Mary.
Sr. Coelho’s Grand Rapids visit will include:
● Meetings and discussions about medical ethics and faith and healing with area religious, physicians, and health leaders as well as the faculty, staff and students at Aquinas College. These events are open to the greater medical community.
● Recitation of the rosary and the celebration of Mass, Bishop Walkowiak presiding, at the Cathedral of St. Andrew for the first Saturday of the month devotions celebrated in response to Mary’s request made to the three children of Fatima on Saturday, Oct. 5.
● Mass at Aquinas College with students and the community as part of the Feast of The Rosary on Monday Oct. 7.
● Gathering with Catholic high school and elementary school students to share with them the story of Fatima.
● A Sunday evening presentation, open to the public, held at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Grand Rapids.
Please visit St. Anthony of Padua Church’s website at www.saparish.com for a complete schedule and more information on Sister Angela’s visit. All are Welcome!